Welcome to advanced Medical Doctors of California and thank you for choosing us as your medical group. As a member of Advanced Medical Doctors of California you have enrolled in a Medical Advantage Plan. The Primary Care Provider (PCP)
you are assigned to is your medical home and is responsible for management of patient care. As a member you are required to see our assigned Primary Care Provider (PCP) for your medical needs.
- How do I schedule an appointment with my Primary Care Physician?
- Contact your Primary Care Provider on your card to schedule an appointment.
- Why do I need a Primary Care Provider (PCP)?
- Your PCP will work with you to become familiar with your healthcare needs and your medical history. Your PCP will manage your care and refer you to specialists when necessary.
- How do I see a specialist?
- Your Primary Care Provider will make a referral to specialists when necessary. An authorization for specialty care must be completed and approved before any treatments or tests can take place. Specialists will be selected from
within the AMDC Network of Providers.
- Who do I call to change my Primary Care Provider (PCP)?
- You can call member services on your health plan card to request a PCP change.
- Who do I call with questions regarding my health plan benefits?
- You can contact Member Services at your health plan which is located on your insurance card.
- Who can I call with questions, concerns or complaints?
- You can call AMDC Member Services at (626) 289-7642; Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.